It’s never too late to get a beautiful smile and healthy teeth with Invisalign or braces. As an adult, you may be wondering when the right time is to get adult braces. The answer is simple: any time is a good time if you think you will benefit from them. Our dentists offer braces in Chicago as well as Invisalign and other cosmetic dentistry services that will help you take care of your teeth. Taking care of your teeth as an adult can lead to many advantages. A few benefits are:
- A healthier mouth. Every time you brush or floss with straighter teeth, plaque can be reached more easily. The more plaque that is removed, the less you have to worry about bad breath and eventual gum disease that could result from plaque buildup.
- A healthier heart. Research has proved that gum disease and tooth decay can lead to heart disease.
- More confidence. A better, healthier smile can give you the confidence you need to meet new people that could lead to a new job, relationship or other important steps in your life.
- Less snacking. A lot of patients have noticed that they snack less simply because they already have something in their mouths.
Why Invisalign instead of metal braces?
- They are a lot more convenient than traditional braces. You can take them out before you eat and then brush your teeth like normal. Just put them back in when you are done.
- As an adult, most of us don’t want to be in the spotlight for something like wearing braces. Invisalign is a lot less noticeable, so we can go about our day without feeling like people are looking at you.
- You will have less dentists appointments. Brackets on braces can be damaged, meaning a trip to the dentist.
- Metal braces can cause more discomfort than Invisalign. Braces can cause mouth sores from the rough edges of the brackets, along with the adjustments, they take longer to get used to. This causes more pain and more discomfort that distracts you from your day.
As an adult, you get to make the decisions about your health and your teeth. The right time for you to decide to focus on your teeth is now. If you’re interested in getting Invisalign in Chicago, visit American Dental for the best care.
Have A Dental Emergency?
American Dental is taking emergency dental patients during this difficult time. If you have pain in your mouth that required immediate attention, contact us!
Most Recent Blogs